Sunday, November 13, 2011

Enjoying the simple things in life

For anyone who knows me knows I love nice and fancy things. After a while, all of those things do not mean anything. I've learned to enjoy the simple things in life. I like simple things now such as staying at home and sitting in Brian's man cave (when he lets me) with him and Jackson watching a movie and eating popcorn. Yesterday, we were waiting to pick up some medicine and they said it would take 15 minutes. We ended up going next door to Wendy's. We ordered off the value menu. We spent less than $8 and in that moment I realized you don't have to spend a lot to have a good time. We were sitting there eating our frosty and I said, "you know what; I really love you and I'm in love with you". He said, "I love you too and where did that come from". I said, "I was just sitting here thinking regardless where we are and what we are doing, I enjoy spending every moment with you". He said "I feel the same way. It is good being with you and it is good enjoying the simple things in life". As many people say, life isn't complicated; we make it that way. Sit back and think about what makes you happy. If material and expensive things make you happy, you are going to have some really sad and hard days.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is so sweet! You are making me tear up over here! Finally your journey to happiness is complete :-}

    ~LaWanda

    ReplyDelete